Tuesday 12 May 2009

MarFest09

I went to the MarFest09 martial arts festival in Sunderland last Saturday. This was the first time I've been to a martial arts festival and it was a real eye opener for me. When I opened the door to martial arts two years ago I really didn't realise what a big world I was entering. Fourteen different martial arts were demonstrated including kung fu, jujitsu, aikijitsu, kobudo, tae kwon do, kickboxing, capoeira - you name it they had it and some pretty class acts too. Apparently there were 4 world champions present!

Well here's some piccys and videos to share with you:






Tai kwon do















Capoeira. With their own band!













Kung Fu











The Lion dance















And here's an impressive demonstration of jujitsu and tai kwon do:







Bookmark and Share

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

2 comments:

Littlefair said...

I wasn't back at my folks for this so couldn't justify the trip up North...shame! Were there stalls as well or was it mainly demos?

Sue C said...

It was mainly demos but they were good. There was also a display of weapons and a preview of a new film coming out but I didn't see that so I don't know what it was!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails